Choosing A Roofing Company
Lots of people just assume they need to call a random contractor and hope that the job gets done well. That’s not the best way to find a roofing company for your needs. There are plenty of contractors out there, and you don’t want to work with just anyone. So first off, you’re going to want some information on how exactly you should go about choosing your roofing contractor. Here are some helpful tips so you can start looking for someone great:
1) Make Sure They Are Licensed And Insured
The very first thing you’ll need to do is make sure everything is above board as far as licensing goes! You shouldn’t be shelling out money if the company doesn’t have valid licenses and insurance in place – that’s a sure fire way to end up in a heap of trouble. It’s easy enough for anyone to grab some business cards and throw up a website, so you absolutely have to do your homework when it comes to protecting yourself from shady contractors.
2) Look Online For Reviews And Feedback
Most people will turn right around and Google a little bit once they’ve come across a potential roofing company! After all, this is going to be one of the biggest investments you make, so it makes sense that you’d want to check out whether or not the contractor has been reviewed online.
3) Ask Friends And Family For Recommendations
That’s right, you can just ask your buddies and see if they have any advice! Since they’ve been through it before, chances are that your friends and family will be able to recommend a roofing company or two.
Things To Consider In Hiring A Roofing Contractor
If you are looking for a reputable roofing contractor, consider the following qualifications:
– A company that has been in business for at least ten years.
– A BBB grading of A or B is recommended. This signifies that there have been no complaints filed against them within the past three years. They also must respond to each complaint and resolve it to the complainant’s satisfaction. This is very important because this demonstrates that they will work with their customers and want to provide quality service so they can keep them as lifelong clients and gain referrals from satisfied people who’ve used their services before . BBB accreditation does not mean the company is perfect but it means they meet certain standards and operate under good business practices.
– They have a complete range of roofing services with many satisfied customers to prove it.
– The company should have insurance in case any accidents happen on your property during their work.
Talk about how to qualify roofing contractors. For instance, look at their reviews, look at their website if they have one, etc.
Questions You Should Ask a Roofing Specialist
Before hiring a roofing contractor, you need to do your homework. Roofs are often the most expensive part of a home project and therefore important that everything goes well with your roofing job.
There are several things you need to ask a roofer before hiring them. These include:
· – How long have they been in business? What is their company’s track record?
· – Do they carry liability insurance? How much is it for?
· – Are there any energy-efficiency incentives from utility companies available for this work?
· – Get at least three references from previous clients and contact each one of them to discuss how the project went.
· – Request an estimate and sign a contract with the contractor before doing any work on your roof. Make sure all repairs are done in a timely manner, whether it’s a small repair or a big job.
Roofs do protect us from harsh weather elements, but make sure you hire an experienced contractor to handle your project well.